Our Living Wage T-Shirt as the name suggests pays a living wage to the co-op of ex sweatshop workers, who also happen to be survivors of the Rana Plaza disaster, while also providing extra benefits such as funding health care and education for the families of the workers.
The products are purchased via No Sweat; “a grassroots campaign that builds solidarity among workers’ worldwide. We look to global social justice movements and to the international workers’ movement to build common, united, campaigning action against workplace exploitation and the sweatshop bosses.”
So not only does the cost of this t-shirt provide a decent living to those who produce it but it helps fund No Sweat’s vital work standing up for oppressed workers around the world.
- A living wage.
- A share of the profits.
- A provident fund,
- Interest-free loans.
- Support with medical fees.
- Support with children’s education.
- CDUK branded labels are organic cotton.
- Delivered in compostable packaging.
- Lacks accreditation but they are working on achieving Fair Trade status.
- Not all labels are organic cotton which is something we will work on changing.